GPS/GSM Tracker MK1
This is the GPS datalogging device I’ve been working on and finally installed in the car:
This device periodically (Default every 30 seconds) collects geospatial data (Plus a few other things, currently also collecting temperature information) and sends it away to a remote server for processing and analysis.
Specifications of the device are:
- Arduino Mega 2560 – ATMega2560 16MHz MCU
- SIM900 GSM/GPRS+EGPRS Module
- GlobalSat EM-406A SiRF-III GPS Receiver
- Periodically (Default 30 seconds) collects GPS data and sends to server for storage and processing.
- Accuracy to around 10 metres (Depending on conditions and receiver location… Would prefer greater accuracy but it’s fine for the job.)
- Remote provisioning/configuration – Basic configuration can be modified on the fly and pushed to the device.
- Stores buffer on SD Card when there is no GSM reception.
Now that the device is installed, collecting data and more or less running I’m working on a web interface for device management and data visualisation.
Still to do:
- Other: Web management interface
Device: Fix excessive EEPROM writes– Done
- Device: Investigate encryption or at least obfuscation of data transmission
Device: Fix status code routine– Done Device: Investigate a bug where the device will send the wrong DID– Done, fixed
- Device: Fix bug where incorrect latitude will be constructed (-32.9999 instead of -31.9999)
- TripProcessor: Handle multiple DID’s
- TripProcessor: Handle cases where the device is shut down before all pending events are sent.